Version 6.2 is now available for download. This version is a free upgrade for all registered users.
Please note: If you have an expired trial edition of version 6.0 or 6.1 installed, installing this version will not give you an extra 30-day trial period.
What’s new in version 6.2
- Cycle-accurate emulation of the 16k, 48k, 128k and +2 ZX Spectrums. Finally worked out the last few quirks of the ULA in these models. All programs should now run on Spectaculator exactly as they do on real hardware. This includes all those demos that produce fancy multi-colour effects as well as the game Sidewize which no longer flickers during gameplay. If you find one that doesn’t, please let me know.
- Added support for TZX files that are polarity sensitive. This includes Basil the Great Mouse Detective, The Mask and La abadia del crimen.
- Added Softlock and a couple of other custom loaders to the flash loader.
- Fixed loading from CSW files. Spectaculator would previously play an extra pulse per block which resulted in playback sounding ‘slower’ than it should.
- Fixed the Quick-load option.