Version 6.30 is now available for download. This version is a free upgrade for all registered users.
Please note: If you have an expired trial edition of version 6.x installed, installing this version will not give you an extra 30-day trial period.
What’s new in version 6.30
- Spectaculator now runs on Windows Vista:
- Added Windows Vista application manifests so Spectaculator runs natively, without any File/Registry virtualisation.
- There is still a bug which crashes Spectaculator when hardware DEP is enabled (although it runs fine on XP SP2).
The cause is the software licensing system. We’re working with the vendor (who are working with Microsoft) to get this resolved but, in the meantime, the installer
will add Spectaculator to the DEP exemption list.
- Microsoft have removed WinHlp32.exe from the Vista distribution. This prevents the context-sensitive
help on the dialog boxes from working correctly. See KB917607 for more details.
- Fixed initial population of the favourites list.
- Fixed a critical bug that could randomly crash the emulator on Intel Core 2 Duo processors.
Quite a few people have reported this as a Vista problem but it’s actually hardware specific.
- Fixed a bug which, under certain circumstances, allowed the emulation to be paused when recording an Action Replay (RZX file) in tournament mode.
- Various minor bug fixes.