Version 5.0 is now available from the App Store.
This is probably the biggest update yet. An additional 26 games have been added, courtesy of Sheffield’s finest – Gremlin Graphics.
Eight additional games have been added to Spectaculator itself (free to existing users):
- Auf Wiedersehen Monty
- Jack The Nipper
- Monty On The Run
- The Way Of The Tiger
A further three game packs (six games each) have been added to the in-app shop:
Gremlin Graphics Vol. 1:
- Wanted! Monty Mole
- Skate Crazy
- Thing Bounces Back
- Dark Fusion
- Future Knight
- Moley Christmas
Gremlin Graphics Vol. 2:
- Jack The Nipper II: In Coconut Capers
- North Star
- Grumpy Gumphrey, Supersleuth
- Alien Evolution
- The Final Matrix
Gremlin Graphics Vol. 3:
- Super Scramble Simulator
- Percy The Potty Pigeon
- Monty Is Innocent
- Super Cars
- Added support for ZX Spectrum +3 disk-based games (Super Scramble Simulator, Super Cars & Impossamole).
- Now supports iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation screen.
- Added ‘Mimic TV Screen’ option to simulate a 1980s TV screen.*
- Added ‘Black & White TV’ option.*
- The ZX Spectrum screen is now much sharper on Retina-equipped devices.
- Added leaderboards for Monty On The Run, Krakout & Bounder.
- All games now have higher resolution cassette box artwork.
- Fixed a few typos in the help.
A gallery of screenshots of the new version is available here.
[*] The irony of this is not lost on the developer who himself aspired to a better picture in 1984 than the one on his crusty old 14″ B&W portable TV.